Welcome to the Community/Ambulatory rotation! On this block, you will get more exposure to our South Side community and learn about the resources we can provide our patients in an outpatient setting.
- Resident rotation director: Karen Goldstein, MD
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Email Dr. Karen Goldstein at least two weeks before your rotation start date to inquire about your schedule and alert her of any anticipated conflicts during your rotation, as scheduling the experiences requires a significant amount of coordination.
Required four-week rotation for PL-1 residents, divided into two components:
- Ambulatory Pediatrics, a two-week outpatient rotation. The schedule is typically Mon-Fri 8a-5p, with no evening or weekend responsibilities (unless you are assigned to sick or jeopardy call).
- Community Pediatrics, a two-week collection of several outpatient activities that largely take place during office hours. However, note that the resident on Community Pediatrics is responsible for the following during non-office hours:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend all assigned clinics and activities
- Attend morning and noon conference when at FFHC or Comer
- Complete all assigned reading and presentations
- Note that interns are assigned to jeopardy call while on the community rotation. Interns must carry their pagers at all times and let Dr. Goldstein know if you are activated for jeopardy
Links can be clicked for directions in Google Maps (opens in new window)