Welcome to the CAPS rotation! This rotation will equip you with the tools to keep our most vulnerable population safe. You will learn from an interdisciplinary CAPS team consisting of CAPS certified physicians, PAs, social workers, and case managers who combined have many years of experience and abundant pearls of wisdom.
- Medical Director: Jill Glick, MD
- CAPS/PED Faculty & Rotation Director: Veena Ramaiah, MD
- Clinical Coordinator: Lindsay Forrey, LCSW
- CAPS PA: Kristen Bilka, PA
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Dr. Ramaiah will email you 1 week prior to the start of the rotation to discuss scheduling. Please contact Dr. Ramaiah with any questions about your rotation.
- Read the following rotation manual prior to the first day of the rotation:
- Four-week required rotation for pediatric interns or second year residents
- Two-week required rotation for Med-Peds interns
- Most rotation activities occur during weekdays from 8a-5p, although there are several off-site experiences
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached. If activated for sick or jeopardy call, they must contact the director of the rotation to alert them of their absence
Roles and Responsibilities
- See CAPS Rotation Manual
Directions are available via links to Google Maps below (opening in new window).
- Comer Children’s Hospital
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- Cook County Juvenile Court
- Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office
- Useful tip sheets:
- Important Websites: