Before Your Rotation
- Review the Orientation to the Comer ER
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- You will receive scheduling requests prior to the start of your rotation.
Schedule (for Pediatric Residents)
- You will be scheduled for approximately 7-10 shifts per two weeks, depending on ER staffing needs for each block
- All shifts are 10 hours each and will include some overnight shifts for 2nd and 3rd year residents
- In addition to ER shifts, you will be scheduled for continuity clinic during your rotation. Please carefully review both your PER schedule and your clinic schedule for your 2-4 week rotation.
- To access your PEM Schedule:
- To review your clinic schedule:
- Log in to amion using “uchipeds”
- SelectClinic at the top left corner of the page to view the clinic schedule
Roles and Responsibilities
Supervision is provided by the Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Emergency Medicine attendings.
Many residents find the PEM clinical guidelines for common pediatric emergency medicine conditions to be a valuable resource throughout their rotation.
For shift change requests made after the start of the rotation, Dr. Benjamin Heilbrunn and the Chief Residents should all be contacted for approval of your change request.
Links can be clicked for directions in Google Maps (opens in new window)
- Comer Children’s Hospital
- Comer ER is on the first floor – enter through the double-doors by K160