Welcome to the Ear, Nose, and Throat elective! During your ENT block, you will have a chance to work with our Otolaryngology colleagues and participate in the care of children with ENT related problems. You will also have the opportunity to observe and participate in common ENT procedures.
- Rotation Director: Fuad Baroody, MD
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- 2-3 weeks before your rotation start date email Dr. Baroody to inquire about your schedule
Schedule & Logistics
- Two-week rotation open to all residents
- Includes clinics in DCAM and inpatient consults
- Clinic is located in DCAM suite 4H
- There are no call or weekend responsibilities on this elective
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend outpatient clinics in DCAM under direct supervision of an attending physician
- You have the option to shadow OR procedures if interested, please discuss with the attending you’re working with to arrange
- Attend morning report and noon conference
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached.
- If activated for sick or jeopardy call, please notify the clinic attending of your absence