Welcome to the Gold Service! On this service, you will take care of patients admitted with hematologic and oncologic conditions, including a busy Stem Cell Transplant Service. You will round with Hematology/Oncology fellows and attendings daily.
- Resident rotation director: Radhika Peddinti, MD
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Third year residents for each block should reach out to the team 1-2 months in advance to coordinate scheduling for the resident team, which will then be reviewed by the Chief Residents.
- All oncoming team members must receive verbal patient sign-out from the outgoing team; you should also review the off-service notes in Epic by the outgoing residents.
- Team consists of two PL-2 residents and two PL-3 residents
- Required four-week rotation, with Q4 call split between all residents
- Total of four days off over the course of the four-week rotation
Roles and Responsibilities
- Patients are split evenly among all four residents
- On-call resident should always be signed into the Gold pager
- All residents should know all active issues for every patient on the service
- Prior to leaving for clinic, residents should sign out to the on-call resident about active issues
- Keep an accurate EPIC sign-out and problem list
- Attend morning and noon conference daily, with 75% attendance expected
The Gold team generally works in the conference room across the staff elevators on Comer 6. Most patient admitted to the Gold service will be in rooms on Comer 6.
A Gold Curriculum was developed by former residents Drs. Kristin Wessel and Mimi Boren reviewing common Heme/Onc problems: