- Rotation director: Allison Bartlett, MD, MS
Before Your Rotation
- Contact the fellow or attending on call by page the first day of your rotation to discuss the rotation.
- Contact the fellow or attending on service to determine where to meet on your first day
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Four-week elective required for all categorical interns and two-four weeks for med-peds residents
- No call, some variable weekend responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
As a part of this rotation, residents will be expected to see patients in the following settings:
- General inpatient floors
The resident will receive direct supervision in the above clinical setting by Infectious Disease attending physicians and fellows.
The expectations of the rotation are the following:
- Infectious Disease Elective Roles & Responsibilities
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached. If activated for sick or jeopardy call, they must contact the director of the rotation to alert them of their absence
Log on to the intranet and visit the University of Chicago Antimicrobial Stewardship Webpage for other important resources, including the most up to date pediatric antibiogram for Comer Children’s Hospital and recommendations for treatment of common pediatric illnesses