Welcome to the Mobile Van elective. The Mobile Medical Unit provides medical care at several schools in the neighborhoods surrounding the University of Chicago. The patients we serve are generally children and adolescents who are underinsured, uninsured, or have difficulty accessing the healthcare system. We offer physical exams, vaccines, hearing/vision screening, pregnancy testing, urine testing, rapid strep testing, and lead/anemia screening.
- Resident rotation director: Icy Cade-Bell, MD
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Email Dr. Cade-Bell 2 weeks prior to the start of the rotation to discuss scheduling
- Two or four-week rotation open to all residents
- No call or weekend responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
- The resident will work with an Attending Physician as well as 2 nurse practitioners, program coordinator, social worker, and referral management staff.
- Residents are expected to attend both morning report and noon conference.
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached. If activated for sick or jeopardy call, they must contact the director of the rotation to alert them of their absence
- Email Dr. Cade-Bell about scheduling as above