Welcome to the neurology elective!
- Rotation director: Chalongchai (Jake) Phitsanuwong, MD
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Contact Dr. Phitsanuwong two weeks before the rotation to discuss your schedule
- Two- or four-week elective open to all residents
- There are no call or weekend responsibilities on this elective unless you are on sick or jeopardy call
Roles and Responsibilities
- Residents should expect to see consults on the Comer wards and clinic patients in various settings.
- Residents will be supervised in all settings by the neurology attending physician
- Residents will follow the consult patients and communicate recommendations to the inpatient team.
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached. If activated for sick or jeopardy call, they must contact the director of the rotation to alert them of their absence