Welcome to the PICU elective. You will able to get more exposure to the PICU and have a chance to cultivate your critical skills.
- Resident rotation director: Elizabeth Meinert, MD
Before Your Rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Email Dr. Meinert 2 weeks prior to the start of the rotation to discuss scheduling
- Two or four-week rotation open to all residents
- No call or weekend responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
- The resident will receive direct supervision by an Attending Physician
- Residents are excused from morning report. Expected to attend noon conference.
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached. If activated for sick or jeopardy call, they must contact the director of the rotation to alert them of their absence
- Comer 4th floor PICU