Welcome to Rheumatology!
- Rotation director: Cuoghi Edens, MD
Before your rotation
- Review the Goals and Objectives
- Reach out to Dr. Edens two weeks before the elective to discuss the details of your schedule.
- Two week elective for junior and senior residents
- Residents will see consults and attend clinics Monday through Friday.
- There are no call or weekend responsibilities on this elective.
- Residents are expected to attend morning report and noon conference when you are not off-site.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Residents should review 2-3 original articles and briefly assess the strengths and weaknesses of each article as it pertains to a clinical question. The presentation should be 15-20 minutes long. Please email the articles to the faculty before your presentation. We would prefer that you *not* do a PowerPoint but rather lead an informal discussion of the articles. You are responsible for scheduling a time to present this- we will do our utmost to ensure that at least 2 faculty members are present.
- Residents should expect to see inpatients and consults on the Comer wards, and clinic patients in various settings. Residents will be supervised in all settings by the rheumatology attending physician.
- Residents will follow the consult patients and communicate recommendations to the inpatient team.
- Residents on sick or jeopardy call must carry their pagers at all times or appropriately forward this to an appropriate phone number where they can be reached. If activated for sick or jeopardy call, they must contact the director of the rotation to alert them of their absence